WEST PARK, FLA. (WSVN) - A woman is recovering in the hospital after she was found unconscious in an apartment in West Park that had caught fire.

Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue units responded to the scene of the blaze at an apartment complex along the 4000 block of Southwest 23rd Street, just after 8 p.m. on Saturday.

Investigators said the fire ignited inside the kitchen of a back unit at the complex.

Crews arrived to find the woman unresponsive in a bedroom.

First responders resuscitated the victim and rushed her to a nearby hospital where she is said to be recovering.

Firefighters were able to put out the flames and prevent them from spreading to other units in the apartment complex.

An investigation into what sparked the fire is currently underway.

The American Red Cross is now helping three people affected by the fire.

Copyright 2023 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox