PARKLAND, FLA. (WSVN) - A parked vehicle left running in a household’s garage sent two people to the hospital with possible carbon monoxide poisoning, early Wednesday morning.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, a vehicle was left running by an elderly resident, apparently unintentionally, in the garage of a home, located near 6901 Cypress Head Drive in Parkland.
The running car filled the residence with carbon monoxide until one of the residents discovered the vehicle running and called 911.
Once deputies and the Fire Marshall arrived, just before 8 a.m., they turned the vehicle off.
Two victims were transported to the hospital and were described as conscious.
Officials said they believe this to be an accident.
Copyright 2018 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.