FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (WSVN) - One dog died and two others were injured after a house caught fire, Monday morning.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue responded to the scene of the blaze along the 1800 block of Southwest 22nd Street in Fort Lauderdale, at around 9 a.m.
Neighbors were able to rush to the burning house and try to help before first responders arrived.
Crews rescued the three canines from the burning home, but one of them died as a result of the fire. The two others are being treated at a local animal hospital.
One of the injured dogs is 9-month-old Sweet Pea. Doctors said she has a long road to recovery. “She does have a chance,” said
Dr. Lynel Tocci. “She’s extremely lucky to be in this stage … because of the first responders, the fire department and neighbors. A lot of the times, when animals are trapped, we don’t have people on the scene. She was really fortunate to have resuscitation right away.”
Tocci said Sweet Pea has second- and third-degree burns all across her body.
No humans were injured.
if you would like to contribute towards Sweet Pea’s recovery, follow this GoFundMe link: https://www.gofundme.com/sweetpeapuppy
Copyright 2018 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.