There’s nothing like a nice, light soup to begin a meal. Learn how to make one that’s flavorful and creative as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Wolfgang Birk
The Restaurant: Area 31- Inside The Epic Hotel in downtown Miami
The Dish: Cucumber & Melon Soup
4 ounces Honeydew melon
2 ounces English cucumber
1 Tbs. Agave syrup
1 Tsp. Greek yogurt, plain
2 ounces King Crab meat
1 Tsp. mint
1 segment Meyer lemon
1 Tbs. olive oil
Sea salt- to taste
Method of Preparation:
– First, slice open a Honeydew melon, scrape off the seeds, slice off the peel and cut into chunks.
– Slice open and de-seed an English cucumber- slice into chunks with the peel on. Put melon and cucumber chunks in a juicer and blend well. Add Greek yogurt, Agave syrup and blend again.
– Strain the soup to get rid of the pulp. Refrigerate the soup for at least 24 hours.
– Peel and segment a Meyer lemon. Squeeze out juice and pour over the lemon segments and set aside. Slice mint leaves and cucumber into paper-thin pieces.
– Cut King Crab Meat into bite-sized pieces. In a bowl, mix the crab, mint, olive oil and sea salt.
Place the crab mixture into the center of a chilled bowl, garnish with thinly-sliced cucumber, a Meyer lemon segment and mint and pour the soup around it.
Serving suggestion: 16 Seminole Cocktail
270 Biscayne Blvd. Way
Miami, FL 33131