WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (WSVN) — Police are investigating two deceased employees found inside a South Florida school, Wednesday morning.

West Palm Beach Police said another school employee made the disturbing discovery around 6:30 a.m. at Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts located at 501 S. Sapodilla Avenue.

According to officials, one of the victims was a male school custodian. Authorities are not releasing the identity of the second victim.

Late in the afternoon Wednesday, investigators remained tight-lipped about the investigation. However, just before 4 p.m. fire rescue personnel were seen using a ladder to go roof-to-roof of buildings on the campus, possibly looking for clues. Police cleared the scene soon after.

SWAT members were called to the scene to investigate and look for any suspects or clues. So far, authorities have not commented on their findings except to say the two deceased were found somewhere in a secluded part of the building, in a maintenance area.

School has been out for a couple of weeks, so had this happened during the school year, students would have arrived to quite a crime scene. Investigators spent the day combing the campus for clues, including looking in dumpsters

Matthew Baquero, a student at the Dreyfoos School, was among several who showed up to campus to see what happened to a custodian most of the students likely knew. “There were a few [custodians] in particular that all the kids loved on campus,” he said. “They were just really nice. They were always giving everybody pep talks. They were always, um, you know, just always helping kids out.”

West Palm Beach Police Capt. David Berhardt held a news conference where he said the investigation continues. “It could be a homicide investigation later on, or just be a normal death investigation, at this time. We’re just really not sure,” said Berhardt. “The medical examiner is here. They’re part of the investigation, the State Attorney’s Office, also, as per protocol, and we’re just waiting to see what transpires here within the next two to three hours.”

All of those agencies were on campus for at least six to seven hours but have not returned to up-date the media. Whether this is a homicide or a death investigation remains unknown.

(Copyright 2013 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox