The Chef: Nicole Linsalata
The Dish: Vegetarian Dip & Sandwich Spread
2 cans of chick peas
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 celery stick, chopped
2 Tbs. of mayonaisse
1 Tbs. dillweed
1 Tbs. parsley
Method of Preparation:
– Open a can of chick peas, also known as garbanzo beans, and drain.
– Blend chick peas, pour into a bowl and set aside.
– Next, chop the onions and put them in the blender with celery and mayonnaise.
– Add lemon juice, dill weed, parsley, pepper and salt. Blend again for a slightly rough chop.
– Add the mix to the chick peas and stir it up.
To serve as a dip, plate in a serving bowl with crackers on the side. You can also use it as a healthy and delicious sandwich spread.
Serving suggestion: Pink Lemonade