WSVN — Looking for a new dish to get you through the work week? On tonight’s menu — an Italian dish with an Asian twist. Let’s grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Belkys Nerey
The Dish: Vegetable Lasagna Cupcakes
24 wonton wrappers
1 (12 oz.) bag frozen broccoli cuts or mixed veggies, prepared according to package directions
2 1/2 cups jarred Alfredo sauce (or homemade)
1 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Method of Preparation:
– Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
– Press 1 wonton wrapper into bottom of each muffin tin. Add a rounded tablespoon of Alfredo sauce to bottom of each muffin tin. Top with a little broccoli, basil and then Parmesan cheese.
– Repeat with two more layers (i.e. wonton, Alfredo, veggies, basil and Parmesan). Finish the cupcakes with a layer of mozzarella cheese, the cherry tomatoes and then a sprinkle of Parmesan.
– Drizzle each cupcake with a little olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
– Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove from tins, use a knife to loosen edges, then pop each lasagna cupcake out.
Garnish with basil and serve with salad or by itself. Delicious for brunch, lunch or any time!
Copyright 2018 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.