(WSVN) - An easy Italian meal that’s sure to please meat eaters is what’s cooking tonight as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Angelo Masarin
The Restaurant: Salumeria 104, Coral Gables
The Dish: Tagliatelle Bolognese
3/4 pounds of ground veal
3/4 pounds of ground pork
3/4 pounds of ground beef
1 pint (3 cans) #10 peeled tomatoes
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
2 carrots, finely chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 bottle dry red cooking wine
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 pound of dry tagliatelle pasta
Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 tsp. black peppercorns
1 sprig of rosemary
1 sprig of thyme
1 sprig of sage
1 bay leaf
Method of Preparation:
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan. Add olive oil and all ground meat. Cook meat fully, continuously breaking it up with a potato masher or wooden spoon.
- Once meat is cooked, add in all the chopped vegetables and cook for 10 minutes. Add the red wine and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the meat and stir well. Add the bouquet garnis and bring to a simmer. Cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- When finished, add kosher salt and ground pepper.
- Allow mix to rest for five minutes. Skim the fat off the top of the sauce using a ladle. Break up all the remaining whole tomatoes with a wooden spoon or potato masher.
- When you are ready to serve, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook for eight to 10 minutes, or until tender yet firm (“al dente” in Italian.) Drain the pasta well and toss with the Bolognese sauce. If you are using home-made pasta, know that it cooks faster than dry pasta in one to two minutes versus eight to 10 minutes for dry pasta.
- Mix pasta with Bolognese. Garnish with shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano.
117 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables, FL 33134
Salumeria 104 (Midtown)
3451 NE 1st Ave #104, Miami, FL 33137
Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.