(WSVN) - Since most in Florida have been told to stay home, now is the perfect time to try something different for dinner. A recipe that’s easy and healthy. That’s what we like as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Lee Velasco
The Restaurant: Punch Bowl Social, Miami
The Dish: Superfood Grain Bowl
1/2 cup fried farro
1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
1 oz. miso ginger vinaigrette
1/2 cup kale
1 radish, shaved
1/4 cup shiitake mushrooms, no stem
1/4 cup roasted carrots
1/4 alfalfa sprouts
1/4 cup pickled fresno chilies
2 tsp. shallot thyme vinaigrette
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 soft poached egg
1 pinch kosher salt
1 pinch black peppercorn, ground
Method of Preparation:
- In a small saute pan, heat up the olive oil and saute and carrots and shiitake mushrooms.
- Season carrots and mushrooms with kosher salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss the farro and quinoa with miso ginger vinaigrette.
- Place farro and quinoa in center of a large coupe bowl, making a small well to hold the poached egg.
- In small mixing bowls, toss the radish, alfalfa sprouts, and kale separately in shallot thyme vinaigrette.
- Place each of the dressed ingredients around the bowl, including the carrot and mushroom mix.
- Top with poached egg and garnish the egg with a drizzle of miso ginger vinaigrette.
- Break the egg yolk and mix ingredients together before enjoying.
Punch Bowl Social
2660 NW 3rd Ave.
Miami, FL 33127
*Currently, Punch Bowl Social is closed due to the COVID-19 crisis. Like so many other restaurants featured in Bite with Belkys over the years, Punch Bowl Social will need your support once they reopen.
Copyright 2020 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.