(WSVN) - Shrimp and pasta always make for a great meal, but throw in some vegetables for a little extra pop of color and flavor. That’s what’s cooking tonight as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Nicholas Cataldo
The Restaurant: Talento, Fort Lauderdale
The Dish: Strozzapreti
320 g. Strozzapreti (substitute with cavatelli or penne; follow directions on package for preparation)
300 g. Zucchini
300 g. Red prawns (carabinero shrimp)
50 g. Shallot
100 g. heavy cream
50 g. White wine
40 g. Extra virgin olive oil
Black pepper 1 pinch
Salt up to 1 pinch
Method of Preparation:
- Clean, shell and devein the shrimp and cut some of them into two parts; others chopped.
- Wash the zucchini, slice and grate them using the large holes side of your grater.
- Peel the garlic clove and remove the inner core; chopped ¼ of onions.
- Boil the pasta in salted water, while preparing the sauce. Cook al dente.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet.
- Stir-fry the garlic and onions for a few minutes until it gets brown, but not burnt.
- Remove the garlic from the saucepan and sauté zucchini for a around 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimps and sauté for another five minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you’d like, you may now add a touch of heavy cream.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce; if necessary you can add a couple of tablespoons of the pasta water.
- Garnish with parsley/basil and serve.
1307 E. Las Olas Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Copyright 2020 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.