(WSVN) - Asian-inspired dishes are always a tasty treat. That’s what’s cooking tonight- as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Michael Lewis
The Restaurant: KYU in Wynwood
The Dish: Roasted Snapper with Brown Butter and White Miso
1 cup Sake
1 cup Mirin
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup Shiro Miso
2 cup Saikyo Miso
1 1/2 cups Miso Mix
4 sticks butter
2-4 snapper fillets
Herb Salad to taste
Method of Preparation:
– Start by making the miso marinade. Add sugar, sake
and mirin rice wine to a pot. Heat until it starts to boil- just a few minutes. Stir until dissolved. Next, add miso… which is fermented soybean paste. You can usually find all these Asian ingredients at your local grocery… but if not- there are many Asian markets in South Florida!
– Add shiro miso and saikyo miso and stir well. When it’s fully incorporated, cool in the fridge.
– Next– add softened butter to a mixing bowl and pour in the cooled miso mix. Blend until it’s nice and creamy.
– Prepare 2-4 snapper filets — lightly season on both sides with kosher salt. Put miso butter in a skillet and place the snapper on top. Top with more miso butter… and sauté on the stove top for several minutes until the butter melts. Finish in the oven at 500 degrees for about five minutes.
– When it’s done- Chef Michael plates it- bottom side up…and finishes with a bit more butter and Maldon sea salt. He serves it with an herb salad with white ponzu dressing
Serving Suggestion: Spicy Shiso Sour cocktail
251 NW 25th St
Miami, FL 33127
Copyright 2018 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.