(WSVN) - A chef has the perfect recipe to get the entire family involved to help you prepare for dinner. A tasty dish they’ll have fun making. That’s what’s cooking in tonight’s Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: David Caceres
The Restaurant: Est. 33 Thai Craft Brewery and Kitchen, Miami
The Dish: Shrimp and Pork Siu Mai
½ lb. Ground Pork
½ lb. Shrimp
⅔ tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
½ tbsp Lemongrass, finely chopped
1 tbsp Scallion
⅔ tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Soy Sauce Yamasa
1 tbsp Red Curry Paste
2 dashes White Pepper
½ tbsp Cornstarch
½ tsp Chopped Scallion for garnish
Round Wonton Wrappers
Method of Preparation:
- To create the filling add the pork, shrimp, salt, cornstarch and sesame oil together into a bowl.
- Mix gently until the shrimp starts to break down into small pieces.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and mix together well until the texture becomes a sticky consistency.
- Once you have your filling, take a wonton wrapper, and use your index finger to dab the edges of the wrapper with water.
- Place ⅓ cup of filling in the middle of the wrapper and fold in half along the diagonal to create a triangle.
- Dab one of the filling-side corners of the triangle with water.
- Bring the two corners together and seal.
- Steam for 5 minutes and enjoy.
Est. 33 Thai Craft Brewery and Kitchen
(Inside Brickell City Centre)
701 S. Miami Ave., Unit 412A
Brickell City Centre, Miami, FL 33131
Copyright 2021 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.