(WSVN) - Cooking healthy doesn’t have to be bland or boring. All you need is a little creativity to whip up a meal that will have the family ready for seconds. Time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Mario Laufer
The Restaurant: Carrot Express, Doral
The Dish: Salmon Buddha Bowl
Ingredients for plate:
4 oz of salmon chopped into cubes
2 tsp scallions
2 oz roasted brussels sprouts
2 oz of roasted eggplant cut into fine pieces
4 oz napa cabbage shredded
1 oz roasted corn
1 oz edamame
8 oz rice or quinoa (cooked)
4 oz dressing
Ingredients for dressing:
1 cup lemon
2 cup chili paste
2 cup olive oil
1 cup fish oil
1 cup sugar
½ cup honey
8 garlic cloves
Method of Preparation:
- Put garlic, oil, and scallions into pan and allow to sweat for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add salmon.
- Cook salmon about halfway before adding dressing.
- Add roasted brussels sprouts, roasted eggplant, napa cabbage, roasted corn and edamame.
- Allow vegetables to cook for about 1-2 minutes, then add cooked rice and soy sauce.
Method of preparation for the dressing:
- Put all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth texture.
- Scoop into bowl, and top with black and white sesame seeds.
Carrot Express Doral
3450 NW 83rd Ave., Suite 136
Doral, FL 33166
Copyright 2021 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.