The Chef: Stuart Cameron
The Restaurant: Byblos on Miami Beach
The Dish: Roasted Halibut in Chraimeh Sauce
2 Halibut filets
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. caraway seeds
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
200 mls. vegetable stock
3 tbs. tomato paste
2 tsp. sugar
2 tbs. lemon juice
1 tbs. pomegranate molasses
Method of Preparation:
– Put caraway and cumin seeds in a hot skillet to toast. When they’re toasted grind by hand in a mortar and pestle. You can also buy them already ground.
– Next- add olive oil to a hot pan with garlic and sauté. Add paprika, cinnamon and the caraway and cumin. Cook until it’s aromatic.
Add tomato paste and vegetable stock and simmer.
– Now add sugar, salt and pomegranate molasses which you can buy at specialty stores- or you can also use regular molasses.
When the sauce is done, put it through a strainer. Add lemon juice to taste.
– For the fish, drizzle olive oil on the halibut and season with kosher salt. Put it in a pan to sear about 4-5 minutes on each side.
– Turn it over and sear until golden brown. Add butter and spoon it over the halibut and it’s ready.
Chef Stuart adds the sauce to the halibut- then a dollop of house-made yogurt on top. He garnishes with chervil and edible flower petals.
Serving suggestion: Gulab cocktail
FOR MORE INFORMATION
1545 Collins Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33140