(WSVN) - If you still have Thanksgiving leftovers to eat, we have a recipe to spice things up. a dish that’ll work any time of the day. Time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Harry Capacetti
The Restaurant: Mama Joon, Miami Beach
The Dish: Red Pepper Shakshuka
For the tomato sauce:
80g garlic, minced
180g extra virgin olive oil
200g sweet onions, small dice
3000g San Marzano plum tomatoes, crushed
25g basil leaves
Red pepper stew:
Set 1 ingredients:
100g chili oil
1400g onions, cut into ¼” slivers
1400g red bell peppers, cut into ¼” strips
60g finger chilies, cut into 1/8″ rounds
32oz tomato sauce (see above)
40g red harissa ferment
100g red wine vinegar
12g smoked paprika
Method of Preparation:
For tomato sauce:
- In a rondeau combine olive oil and garlic, and cook until garlic is soft and sweet.
- Add onions and salt, and cook on medium heat, covered until onions are completely soft.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 30 minutes, then bruise the basil and stir into the sauce.
- Season with salt. Cool, then remove basil.
For the pepper sauce:
- Combine set 1 in a bowl and mix well. Transfer to a rondeau, cover with a parchment lid and cook on medium-low heat until tender.
- Add set 2, bring to a simmer then remove from heat and place in vita prep and puree until smooth. Keep warm.
- In a hot 6 inch cast iron pan, crack two eggs in the center and pour the sauce around the eggs to keep the yolk visible.
- Place in 500 degree Fahrenheit oven until whites are cooked and yolks are warm.
- Garnish with feta, crispy bread crumbs, micro cilantro, lemon zest and black pepper. Best eaten with toasted bread slices.
2216 Park Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.