(WSVN) - No meat required to cook up an all-American classic. That’s what’s cooking tonight as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Benjamin Goldman
The Restaurant: Planta, Miami Beach
The Dish: Planta Burger
6 oz. mushrooms, roasted and blitzed
3 oz. black beans, blitz half
3 oz. lentils, blitz half
1.5 oz. beets, grated
1.5 tsp. garlic, chopped
1 cup onions, small dice
2 tsp. + 1 tbsp ground flax + water (flax “egg”)
1 tsp. thyme, picked and chopped
3.5 oz. flour
To taste salt and pepper
Method of Preparation:
- Dry roast mushrooms until very dry in the rational oven. Cool down and then roughly chop using a robo coupe. Set aside.
- Sauté onion and garlic in canola oil until soft and cooked through. Do not crisp onions, use low heat and a large rondo.
- Weigh beans and lentils, roughly chop half using a knife.
- Mix together flax and water, set aside until thick (like an egg).
- Combine mushrooms, beans, beets, onion/garlic, flax “egg”, and thyme. Mix thoroughly. Add flour and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Portion using handled scoop. Should weigh 5 oz. Season with salt and pepper and sear on grill for about 3-4 minutes each side, until burger is browned out outside and cooked through.
Serve with hamburger buns, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, mustard, vegan queso and mayo.
Kombucha Mojito (made with fresh mint, blueberries and kombucha)
Planta South Beach
850 Commerce St.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.