(WSVN) - There’s nothing like the smell of fresh-baked Cuban pastries, and now you can make them at home with a super easy recipe! That’s what’s on the menu, as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Belkys Nerey
The Dish: Pastelitos de Guayaba
1 package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
1 bar guava paste
1 package cream cheese (optional)
1 egg (scrambled to make egg wash)
Method of Preparation:
-Thaw the puff pastry according to package directions.
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
– Use baking parchment to line a cookie sheet so the guava won’t stick. Unfold one of the pastry sheets and place on pan.
– Cut guava into 1/4 inch slices and place on the pastry sheet. Spread cream cheese over guava paste slices (optional).
– Unfold second pastry sheet and place on top of guava paste. Using a pizza cutter (to make it easy), cut to desired size before baking.
– Scramble the egg with a little water and brush on top of pastry squares to help give each a beautiful golden brown color.
– Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool, then serve warm or at room temperature. Delicioso!
Copyright 2018 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.