(WSVN) - Turn your kitchen into a French bistro. A chef’s seafood recipe will have the whole family saying “OK” to having to stay home for dinner. Time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Nicolas Mazier
The Restaurant: MILA, Miami Beach
The Dish: Loup de Mer
Confit bell pepper:
10 pc Red bell pepper
4 pc Yellow bell pepper
100 g. Garlic clove
100 g. White onion, finely chopped
100 g. Olive oil, blend
2 Thyme branches
1 Rosemary branch
1 Basil branch
1 Fennel branch (top part)
60 g. White balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to season
500 g. Olive Oil, Blend
10 g. Parsley, chopped
10 g. Sage, chopped
150 g. Lemon Juice
Method of Preparation:
Confit Bell Pepper:
- Remove seeds and white parts from bell pepper and slice. In a sauce pot, sweat onion with olive oil, then add bell pepper.
- Add whole garlic clove, herbs and fennel, but keep them whole to be removed when cooked.
- Add more oil if needed. Bell pepper are cooked when soft but not falling apart.
- Once cooked, remove herbs, garlic and fennel. Store bell peppers with the cooking oil.
- Before serving, drain bell peppers and add white balsamic vinegar. To be served just warm, not hot.
- Season filet with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook the filet skin side down, finish in oven if necessary.
- Chop herbs and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the filet on the plate with the sauce on top, confit bell pepper and grilled lemon next to it.
800 Lincoln Road
Miami Beach, FL 33139
*Currently, MILA is closed due to the COVID-19 crisis. Like so many other restaurants featured in Bite with Belkys over the years, they will need your support once they reopen.
Copyright 2021 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.