WSVN — Christmas Eve is a time to have special treats, and that’s just what we’re serving up. Succulent lamb is on the menu tonight as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Lucas Marino
The Restaurant: The Driftwood Room inside the Nautilus Hotel on Miami Beach
The Dish: Lamb Kebabs
4.5 oz. lamb loin, cubed
2 sunburst squash
1 red onion
parsley to taste
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
5 garlic cloves, roasted
2 Tbs. cumin
1 Tbs. cayenne pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup smoked paprika, ground
1 small red chili pepper, seeded (or 1 teaspoon of chili sauce)
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup lemon juice
1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Method of Preparation:
– Put roasted garlic in a pan and mash it up. Add smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, chopped cilantro and blend.
– Add cumin and lemon juice and stir again. Next comes vegetable oil. Blend until you have a paste. Add a little more oil and keep stirring. Blend in kosher salt and set aside.
– Chef Lucas makes the kebabs on wet wooden skewers so they don’t burn. He adds pieces of sunburst squash, lamb cubes and onion. Repeat until each skewer is full.
– Spread the chermoula paste over the kebabs. Lay it on thick! When they’re covered, marinate for at least an hour, or overnight.
– Put them on a hot grill for a few minutes on each side. Brush on more chermoula.
– When they’re done, squeeze on fresh lemon juice and sprinkle on chopped cilantro and parsley.
Serve with toasted sesame dip and garnish with preserved lemons.
Serving suggestion: Figs and Berry Cocktail
1825 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139