(WSVN) - Nothing brings the family to the table faster than barbecue. A South Florida chef shows us a way to give it a smoky and spicy taste that’s hard to resist. Time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Nicholas Cataldo
The Restaurant: International Smoke, Aventura
The Dish: Korean Short Rib Lettuce Wraps
Bone-in beef short ribs
Ingredients for marinade:
2-3 tbsp. black peppercorns
8-10 garlic cloves
1 sliced ginger root
1-2 tbsp. chili flakes
4 cups soy sauce
1 cup sake
1 head bibb lettuce
Ingredients for topping lettuce wraps:
Method of Preparation:
- In a large pot, combine ingredients for marinade in large pot and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and pour into large container.
- Add ice to cool liquid down before adding short ribs.
- Allow to sit in refrigerator overnight.
- When short ribs are ready, remove from marinade and shake off peppercorns.
- Put on smoker for 10-12 hours.
- When finished, remove meat from bone and slice.
- Using bibb lettuce leaf as shell, stack rib meat, barbecue sauce, kimchi, pickled onions, scallions and cilantro.
(Located inside Aventura Mall)
19565 Biscayne Blvd., Suite 946
Aventura, FL 33180
Copyright 2020 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.