The Chef: Robbin Simmons
The Dish: Kit Kat Brownies
1 pound unsalted butter
1/2 pound milk chocolate chips
1/2 pound plus 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
6 large eggs
3 tablespoons instant espresso
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
6 or more packages of Kit Kat bars (to taste)
Method of Preparation:
– Start with butter, then add dark chocolate, milk chocolate and unsweetened baking chocolate. Melt in the microwave or on the stove top. Heat the chocolate for several minutes, stirring every few minutes until it’s completely melted.
– Next, add eggs and instant espresso. Add vanilla and sugar. Now stir it up.
– Add add flour, baking powder and salt and stir again.
– Now add the melted chocolate to the eggs and sugar and mix well. Add the dry ingredients. Stir again and put it in the pan.
– Cover the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Add butter the sides of the pan… then pour a thin layer of batter over the parchment. Spread it out and put in the Kit Kat bars.
– Cover the Kit Kat bars with the rest of the batter and put it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
– At 20 minutes in- rap the baking sheet against a hard surface to get the air bubbles out… then bake another 15 minutes.
– When they’re done, take them out to cool and get ready for a chocolate feast!
Plate brownies with a serving of Vanilla ice cream.