(WSVN) - It’s a creamy, dreamy, uniquely Italian dessert. This ricotta cheesecake will sweeten your taste buds. Let’s grab a Bite with Belkys.
2 packages cream cheese, softened
1 container ricotta cheese
1 ½ cups white sugar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbsp. cornstarch
3 tbsp. flour
½ cup butter
1 pint sour cream
1 container raspberries or strawberries
powdered sugar (to dust cheesecake with)
Optional Strawberry Sauce:
1 carton of strawberries
1 tbsp. sugar
Method of Preparation:
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
– In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and ricotta cheese. Add in sugar, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla cornstarch, flour, butter and sour cream and mix until well combined.
– Pour the mixture into the springform pan.
– Put the pan in the oven and bake for one hour, then turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in there for another hour.
– Take the cheesecake out and let it cool completely.
– While it’s cooling, make the strawberry sauce by pureeing the strawberries with some water and a tablespoon of sugar.
– Top the cooled cheesecake with raspberries, sprinkle the powdered sugar over the top.
Cut and serve the cake with strawberry sauce if desired.
Copyright 2020 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.