(WSVN) - Island-spiced sweet potatoes are on the menu as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Belkys Nerey
The Dish: Island-Spiced Sweet Potatoes
3 lb. sweet potatoes
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
Method of preparation:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Peel potatoes, then cut into 1-inch thick slices.
- Place potatoes into a bowl.
- Add coconut oil and other ingredients and toss until well coated.
- Arrange potatoes into a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes. Flip potatoes and bake 10 more minutes or until tender.
- Garnish with parsley or cilantro if desired.
For more information on Publix’s Caribbean American Month celebration, click here.
Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.