(WSVN) - An easy-to-make, low-carb treat that’s perfect for breakfast or brunch? That’s what’s cooking — as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Belkys Nerey
The Dish: Ham & Egg Cup
1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped orange pepper (or whichever color you like)
12 slices ham (thin sliced)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Method of Preparation:
– Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
– Spray a muffin tin with Pam, then press the thinly sliced ham into each space, making a cup shape. You might want to double the ham to make sure it’s thick enough to hold the egg.
– Crack an egg into each cup and top with chopped peppers. (Or you can crack the egg into a small bowl and then pour it in. Some find that easier!)
– Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the eggs set.
– Remove the pan from oven and sprinkle cheese over each egg cup. Put it back in the oven for a minute or so until the cheese melts.
Serve hot by itself, or with a nice fruit salad!
Serves: 12 individual servings
Copyright 2018 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.