Okay salmon lovers, this one’s for you. A delicious fish dish on the menu tonight as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Toby Joseph
The Restaurant: Wild Sea Oyster Bar & Grille inside the Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
The Dish: Grilled Salmon with Citrus
1 eight oz. portion of Salmon Fillet, skin and pin bones removed
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbs. Canola oil
For Garlic Cream Sauce:
1 cup Garlic cloves
Canola oil, as needed
1 sprig Rosemary
2 cups Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
For Orange Sauce:
1 Tbs. Canola Oil
2 cups Orange juice
1 Tbs. White Vinegar
1 Tbs. Granulated Sugar
2 Tbs. Sumac
Segments of 1 Orange
Method of Preparation:
– First- season a salmon fillet with salt, pepper and canola oil. Put it on the grill for two or three minutes then finish it in the oven at 375 degrees for about ten minutes.
– Next- makes the two sauces. Add roasted Garlic in olive oil. Sauté on high heat- add heavy cream and smash the garlic in the pan. This only takes a couple of minutes… when it’s reduced- add kosher salt and pepper and set it aside.
– Now make the orange sauce. Add Canola oil, orange juice, white vinegar, and sugar- and let it reduce- just a few minutes. Add sumac, which is a spice with a tart flavor. At this point, also add orange segments- and mix well.
– Take the salmon out of the oven and it’s time to plate.
– First add the garlic sauce, then the salmon on top. Chef Toby adds a medley of sautéed vegetables and tops that with the orange sauce.
Serving suggestion: Basil Vodka Martini
620 E. Las Olas Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301