(WSVN) - If you can boil water, then you can create a creamy and cheesy dish that will become a big hit with the family. Something easy to cook tonight as we grab a Bite With Belkys.
The Chef: Xavier Misailidis
The Restaurant: Amaranthine, Miami Shores
The Dish: Gnocchi Ricotta
250 g ricotta
1 egg yolk
20-30 g Parmesan cheese, ground and extra for serving
50 g all-purpose flour
1 pinch nutmeg
For the sauce and for serving:
300 g goat cheese
100 g heavy cream
1 tablespoon(s) olive oil, optional
Method of Preparation:
- To make the gnocchi: drain the ricotta with strainer and press between paper towels if needed.
- Combine ricotta with egg yolk, Parmesan, flour, nutmeg and salt and pepper in bowl and mix with hands until fully incorporated.
- Roll dough into 3/4 inch-wide cylinders, then cut into about 1-inch pieces.
- Boil gnocchi in salted water and remove when gnocchi floats to surface of water.
- To make the sauce: add goat cheese to warm pan. Allow to melt, then add heavy cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer gnocchi to sauce and mix.
– Plate finished gnocchi, then top with pecorino cheese (or Parmesan). Garnish with dried figs.
9801 NE 2nd Avenue
Miami Shores, FL 33138
Copyright 2020 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.