(WSVN) - Side dishes can really enhance a meal, especially yummy, garlicky, buttery potatoes! That’s what’s cooking- as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Belkys Nerey
The Dish: Garlicky Smashed Potatoes
8 Yukon Gold Potatoes
3 Tbs. melted butter (or more to taste)
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbs. fresh chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste
4 Tbs. Parmesan cheese
Method of Preparation:
– In a pot, boil the potatoes in salted water until tender- about 20 minutes. Drain well.
– Spray a baking sheet with oil- and use a potato smasher to lightly smash each potato in one piece.
– Mix the butter, garlic and parsley together and spoon the mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
– Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees until they are light golden brown and crispy, about 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over each potato and continue baking until the cheese is melted.
– Season with more salt and pepper and parsley (to taste) and serve hot.
Copyright 2018 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.