Seafood always makes for a delicious lunch or dinner, and that’s just what’s cooking today as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Dish: Garlic Butter Scallops
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 pound scallops
6 Tbs. unsalted butter, divided
1 Tsp. minced garlic
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1 cup chicken broth (or dry white wine)
1 Tsp. lemon zest
2 Tbs. chopped parsley
Method of Preparation:
- If scallops are frozen, thaw in cold water. Remove the side muscle from the scallops if attached. Rinse and thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat butter in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot and sizzling. Add olive oil. Add the scallops in a single layer without over crowding the pan. Sauté in batches if you need to.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for two minutes on each side, or until a gold crust forms.
- Then, flip and cook again two minutes on the other side until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Lower the heat and add 1 Tbs. butter and garlic to the pan. Add chicken broth (or wine), scraping up the browned bits. Cook until fragrant and the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add lemon juice and 4 Tbs. butter, and let it simmer for a few more minutes. Add fresh chopped parsley and add the scallops back in the pan to warm.
Serve by itself, or over rice, pasta, garlic bread or steamed vegetables. Delicious!
Copyright 2021 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.