(WSVN) - If you’re usually asking for “more cheese, please,” we have a recipe for you. A traditional Italian dish with plenty of flavor for cheese lovers. Time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Rodrigo Maciel
The Restaurant: Piola, Hallandale Beach
The Dish: Four Cheese Gnocchi
50 gr potatoes (boiled, peeled, mashed and cooled)
25 gr flour
1 egg yolk
Pinch of salt
300 gr heavy cream
60 gr mozzarella
30 gr brie cheese
30 gr gorgonzola
60 gr parmesan
Method of Preparation:
- Place mashed potatoes in a dough mixer and mix for 1 minute.
- If you don’t have a mixer, you can use your hands or a food processor.
- Just make sure you have the right attachments. Nonnas (grandmother in Italian) always used their hands.
- Add flour, egg and salt.
- Mix for another minute and remove dough to a floured board.
- Keep kneading until all flour has been absorbed.
- Shape dough into loaf, then cut into strips the width of a finger.
- Roll those strips in tube like shape.
- Cut each tube into 1-inch cubes.
- Fill a pot half full with water and add a pinch of salt and bring it to a boil.
- Drop the gnocchi into the boiling water.
- As the gnocchi rise to the surface, remove from water and dump into the iced bath prepared ahead of time (50% ice & 50% water).
- Drain gnocchi and coat with oil.
- Place gnocchi into container until ready to use.
Four cheese sauce:
- In a saucepan, add heavy cream and stir while warming.
- Cut brie and gorgonzola into finger size chunks and add to the cream.
- Add parmesan and whisk continually until cheese melts and the sauce becomes creamy.
- Mix well until completely blended.
- Use immediately or refrigerate until use.
- Warm gnocchi in salted, boiling water for about one minute.
- Then, add to warm sauce and mix. Garnish with parsley.
1703 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd.
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
Copyright 2021 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.