WSVN — Today we begin with a special Bite with Belkys, with Miss B herself cooking up something yummy in the kitchen! Chicken and pasta are on the menu this morning as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Belkys Nerey
The Dish: Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
1 pound pasta (whole wheat penne or your choice)
1 pound chicken breasts, pounded and sliced thin
1 pound blanched broccoli florets
1 cup heavy cream
4 Tbs. butter
1/2 Tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 Tsp. garlic salt
1/2 Tsp. black pepper
1 cup Parmesan, grated
2-3 Tbs. olive oil
Method of Preparation:
– Boil the pasta.
– Put olive oil in the pan and get it hot. Dice chicken breast and mix with smoked paprika, the garlic salt and the pepper. Add it to the pan and sauté.
– When your chicken is cooked through, take it out of the pan and set aside. Leave in the pan drippings, and add butter and heavy cream. Whisk well.
– Add grated Parmesan cheese. When it’s blended and starting to thicken, add the cooked whole wheat pasta and blend well.
– Next, add blanched broccoli and the chicken and blend again. Make sure the chicken, pasta and broccoli are thoroughly covered with the Alfredo sauce.
– Garnish with more grated Parmesan cheese. Delicious!