(WSVN) - What’s an Italian meal without some garlic bread? Here’s an easy recipe with a not-so-secret ingredient: cheese! Let’s grab a Bite with Belkys.
1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheddar
1 onion powder
2 tbsp. melted butter
Method of Preparation:
– On a floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll out the puff pastry into a large rectangle.
– Beat the egg, then brush the egg wash all over the pastry. Sprinkle about 1/2 of the cheeses over the pastry. Dust the onion powder evenly over the cheeses.
– Fold the pastry on itself, sealing in the cheeses. Gently press on the folded dough, and then roll out the pastry again.
– Cut the dough into 10 long strips. Pick up each strip and twist it on itself. Stretch it and roll it until you’ve created a spiral.
– Pinch the ends of each straw so they don’t start to unwind themselves. Brush the dough with melted butter. Sprinkle the remaining cheeses over the pastry.
– Refrigerate for an hour before baking.
– Bake at 350° F for 10 to 12 minutes.
Copyright 2020 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.