(WSVN) - A yummy cocktail with a Caribbean twist is on the menu as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Belkys Nerey
The Drink: Caribbean Sunrise
3 oz. orange juice
2 oz. dark rum
1/2 oz. simple syrup
Dash of cinnamon
Lime wedge, for garnish
Method of preparation:
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice; add all ingredients (except garnish).
- Shake well; strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Other Preparation Methods:
- For even more island flavor, substitute pineapple juice for the orange juice, and add a dash of cream of coconut.
- Make it a Caribbean Sunrise punch. Remove the cinnamon and substitute cherry juice for the simple syrup.
For more information on Publix’s Caribbean American Month celebration, click here.
Copyright 2020 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.