WSVN — There’s a hot new restaurant in Wynwood making delicious, creative dishes that are plant-based…and unbelievably tasty! That’s what’s on the menu as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Horacio Rivadero
The Restaurant: Plant Food + Wine, inside the Sacred Space in Wynwood
The Dish: Cacio e Pepe
1/2 bag kelp noodles
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon lemon juice
½ cup tamari
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon agave
Black Pepper Cream
1 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight
¾ cup filtered water
½ tablespoon black peppercorns
¼ cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup spicy greens
2 cups green olives pitted
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
½ cup olive brine
1 cup pitted whole black olives
Herbs, flowers, sprouts, pea tendrils
Method of Preparation:
– Thoroughly rinse the kelp noodles and place into a large bowl. Add water and baking soda and soak for 15 minutes. Rinse well.
– Combine lemon juice, tamari, oil and agave nectar and stir into noodles. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour or as long as overnight. Using scissors, cut into small one to two-inch pieces before serving.
– To make the black pepper cream, put water-soaked cashews in a blender. Blend until until smooth. Taste and adjust flavor if needed.
– For the olive puree, wash the parsley in cold water. Make sure all the olives are pitted. Blend all together until smooth.
For the crispy olives, place olives on a dehydrator tray and dehydrate at 115 degrees for 8-12 hours or until crispy. Place dried olives in a food processor and pulse until olives become crumbly.
– To assemble, toss kelp noodles with the black pepper cream sauce. Then, put in the spicy greens and toss again.
Place the green olive puree on the plate in desired design. Using around a 1 cup serving, place the kelp noodles and sauce on the green olive puree design. Garnish with a teaspoon of crispy black olives sprinkled on top and a few of the spicy greens and flowers coming out of the noodles, so they stand:
Serving Suggestion: Grüner Veltliner white wine
Plant Food + Wine
105 NE 24th St.
Miami, FL 33137
Copyright 2018 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.