(WSVN) - Serve up some traditional Italian flavor for dinner tonight with a dish direct from Rome. That’s what’s cooking as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Adriano Serra
The Restaurant: Casa Calabria, Fort Lauderdale
The Dish: Bucatini Amatriciana
7 oz. fresh bucatini pasta (for dry pasta, follow boiling directions on package)
2 oz. guanciale pork (can substitute for pancetta or smoked bacon)
½ medium yellow onion
1 pinch of oregano
1 pinch of pepper flakes
2 cups of tomato sauce (San Marzano tomatoes preferred)
Pinch of salt & black pepper
Parsley flakes (optional)
Method of Preparation:
- In a pan, warm olive oil, then add onions.
- Let them sautee for a minute before adding guanciale (or substitute), oregano, pepper flakes, black pepper and salt.
- Cook for a few minutes before pouring in tomato sauce.
- Add cooked bucatini, stir then add parsley.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
(inside Ocean Manor Beach Resort)
4040 Galt Ocean Drive
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Copyright 2021 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.