(WSVN) - It’s time to take a culinary trip to Spain by making a succulent, easy-to-make paella. Let’s grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Belkys Nerey
The Dish: Super Easy Paella
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper chopped
1 medium onion chopped
1 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined (tail off)
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
3 Spanish chorizo links diced
6 tablespoons olive oil
chicken broth according to rice instructions
Valencia rice (1 package)
1 teaspoon paprika
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 bag frozen peas
Method of Preparation:
- Add chicken broth (follow Valencia rice directions) to a sauce pan and simmer over low heat with a teaspoon of saffron threads.
- Next, slice chicken and chorizo into chunks. Dice peppers, onions and garlic.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large, hot pan over medium high heat. Add half the diced peppers, onions and garlic and sauté. Add diced chicken and cook through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 more tablespoons olive oil to pan. Add remaining peppers, onions and garlic and sauté. Add shrimp, cook then remove and set aside.
- Add 2 more tablespoons olive oil to the pan. Add chorizo and sauté. Add Valencia rice (according to package instructions), then pour in simmering broth with saffron threads.
- Add chicken and shrimp back in, bring to a boil, cover and simmer (follow rice package instructions). Cover tightly with a lid or with foil.
- When it’s cooked, add in 1 cup frozen peas (leave them out when you begin so they are at room temperature), the juice of 1 lemon and fresh chopped parsley.
Garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.
Copyright 2018 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.