(WSVN) - Why not bring something different for Thanksgiving this year? We’ve got a dish that’s easy to make in tonight’s Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Wissam Baki
The Restaurant: Amal, Miami
The Dish: Stuffed Grape Leaves
3 3/4 cups arborio rice uncooked
3 cups tomato roma chopped
2 1/2 cups yellow onion chopped
2 tsp allspice
1 tbsp salt kosher
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/4 cup lemon juice
1-2 jars of grape leaves (vine leaves) in brine
2 tbsp kosher salt
4 cups water
1 1/2 tbsp allspice
1/3 cup pomegranate molasses
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp ground white pepper
3 1/4 cups lemon juice
Bring ingredients to a boil, stirring frequently. Ensure all ingredients are incorporated before taking off heat.
Method of Preparation:
- Chop parsley thin and chop tomato and onion mix into cubes then mix allspice and olive oil and lemon juice.
- Wash the rice twice then add it to the mix.
- Open add a spoonful of the filling, then roll like a cigar. Lightly press down on the roll to help keep it from unrolling.
- Line the bottom of a pot with sliced onions and green peppers. Line with grape leaves on top, then arrange the stuffed grape leaves across the layer.
- When finished with stuffed grape leaves, press down with a heat-safe plate to keep leaves from unrolling.
- Pour in brine and cook for an hour over low heat.
3480 Main Hwy, Suite 100
Miami, FL 33133
Copyright 2022 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.