(WSVN) - Looking for a new recipe for dinner on the go? We’ve got you covered. That’s what’s cooking, as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
1 1/2 lbs. New York Strip Steak, cut into 1-inch chunks
6 tbs. soy sauce (divided)
8 tbs. brown sugar, divided
2 heads broccoli, but into florets
4 tsp. toasted sesame oil (or more to taste)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
1/4 tsp. crush red pepper flakes
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1-2 tbs. toasted sesame seeds
1 cup rice
Method of Preparation:
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine steak, 2 tbs. soy sauce and 2 tsp. brown sugar. Coat well.
- Coat broccoli with sesame oil. Place steak and broccoli in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake until steak is browned and broccoli is just tender, about 16-18 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, combine sesame oil, garlic ginger, red pepper flakes, 3 tbs. soy sauce and 3 tbs. brown sugar. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Stir constantly until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Serve the beef and broccoli over cooked rice and drizzle with the soy sauce mixture. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.
Copyright 2021 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.