Your family may be asking for a second serving of vegetables with the recipe we’re making tonight. Time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Pawan Pinisetti
The Restaurant: Sérêvène, Miami Beach
The Dish: Roasted Carrots with Tomato Piperade
8-10 medium-sized heirloom Rainbow Carrots
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 tsp wildflower honey
1/4 tsp zested citrus ( lime, lemon, orange )
Tomato Piperade (tomato pepper sauce):
1/4 cup (2 ounces) sundried tomatoes
1/4 cup (2 ounces) garlic aioli/mayonnaise
2-3 cloves roasted garlic
Method of Preparation:
- Cut in oblique shape; sized about 1-inch cuts to ensure they cook evenly.
- Pan roast on med-high heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil ( 4-5 mins ). Carrots can be 1/2 cooked to still maintain some texture and crunch. Lightly season with salt and pepper towards the end of the cooking.
- Add 1/4 tsp of your favorite seasonal citrus, 1 tbsp of unsalted butter and 1/2 tsp of wildflower or lavender honey (any other honey you prefer).
- Quickly sauté for 1 min to allow a nice honey butter emulsion.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Note: do not cook honey for too long or on height heat to avoid burn/bitterness.
- Combine all ingredients below and chop and mince into a smooth paste along with a basic aioli (mayonnaise can be substituted)
- 1/4 cup Sundried tomatoes, 2-3 roasted garlic cloves, parsley, basil, mint, chives (all herbs combined).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- A healthy swipe of tomato piperade across the plate and place the carrots as desired. Finishing salt and micro viola flowers are optional.
1920 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Copyright 2023 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.