(WSVN) - The holidays are such a sweet time of year, especially when it comes to desserts. Here’s a delicious twist on a mouth-watering classic. Let’s grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Kostas Tzouanopoulos
The Restaurant: Ciao Cucina and Bar in Coconut Creek
The Dish: Nutella Bread Pudding
4 oz. challah bread, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 pound croissants, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup Nutella
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 oz. raw sugar
1/4 tbs. vanilla extract
1 pinch sea salt
Method of Preparation:
– Cut the bread into bite-sized pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Mix together semi-sweet chocolate chips, heavy cream, half-and-half, vanilla extract and Nutella spread.
– Pour over bread crumbs, cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least two hours).
– Pour mixture into a three-inch deep pan that has been lined with parchment paper ad coated with baking spray. Cover with aluminum foil.
– Bake in a 350-degree oven for one hour and until pick comes out clean from the middle.
– Remove foil and top with raw sugar and bake for another 15 minutes on 500 degrees, or until the sugar melts.
– Allow to cool, cut and serve.
– Plate with vanilla gelato or ice cream and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Delicious!
Ciao Cucina & Bar
4443 Lyons Road, Unit D104
Coconut Creek, FL 33073
Copyright 2018 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.