(WSVN) - It’s a meal with a Middle Eastern flavor that can be wrapped up in minutes. Time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Jay Jwad
The Restaurant: Icon Mediterranean, Miami
The Dish: Icon Burrito
Half cup of cooked Basmati Rice
5 oz. of chicken shawarma (see below)
1 oz. lettuce
1 oz. tomato
1 oz. pickled cucumbers
1 oz. scallions
Handful of cooked French fries
Garlic sauce and tahini (store bought is fine)
Simple chicken shawarma recipe:
2 lb chicken thigh fillets , skinless and boneless
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground cardamom
1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp olive oil
Method of Preparation:
For chicken shawarma:
- Combine chicken and ingredients in a ziplock bag and marinate for about 24 hours.
- Heat oil in a skillet to medium-high heat, then place chicken.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until charred, then flip and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thin.
- Place the tortilla on foil, then spoon about 5 oz. of rice on the tortilla.
- Add chicken and garlic sauce.
- Place 1 oz. of lettuce on top of the chicken and the pickled cucumber.
- Add scallions and fries and tahini to your liking.
- Close and wrap the tortilla
- Place it in a panini press to toast for 2 to 3 minutes, then take it out to cut in the middle and ready to eat.
241 NW 24th St.
Miami, FL 33127
Copyright 2022 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.