(WSVN) - There is nothing better than a little comfort food during this holiday season. An award-winning restaurant in North Beach is dishing it out. Time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Benoit Rablat
The Restaurant: Silverlake Bistro, Miami Beach
The Dish: Gnocchi Mac and Cheese
0.5 oz duck fat
half pound gnocchi
2 oz heavy cream
4 oz of shredded cheese (cheddar and Swiss or your favorite combination)
1 oz lardon (thick cut bacon)
1 pinch of toasted panko
Method of Preparation:
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil.
- Cook half a pound of gnocchis. Gnocchis are cooked when they float. Depending on the brand, if they’re fresh, frozen, or dry… it will take between 4 and 7 minutes.
- Strain the gnocchis with a colander. Transfer the gnocchis to a large bowl and toss them in a little bit of olive oil to avoid them being sticky. Reserve.
- Combine heavy cream and cheese in a saucepan on low/medium heat until smooth and creamy. Reserve.
- Dice in half-inch cube 2 ounces of bacon slab (it can be replaced by a thick-cut bacon. Then cut 1 inch).
- In a pan, cook the bacon till crispy brown but not hard.
- Scoop out the bacon of the fat and reserve the bacon on a kitchen paper towel to get rid of all the excess fat.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat up 1 ounce of duck fat on medium/high fire (the duck fat can be replaced with olive oil).
- When the duck fat starts smoking, add the cooked gnocchi. Sear them on each side till dark brown and slightly crispy (approx. 3 minutes).
- Add the cheese sauce and stir with a rubber spatula to coat all the gnocchis with the cheese sauce.
- Split the gnocchis evenly on two plates and finish the dish with a pinch of bread crumbs, finishing with sea salt and the crispy lardons.
1211 71st St.
Miami Beach, FL 33141
Copyright 2024 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.