(WSVN) - You only need five simple ingredients to whip up this classic Italian meal. It’s time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Angelo Kometa
The Restaurant: Osteria, Miami
The Dish: Eggplant Parmigiana
35 oz. eggplant
Extra virgin olive oil
8 oz. Peeled tomatoes
0.5 oz. basil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
Pinch of sugar
17 oz. buffalo mozzarella
7 oz. Parmigiano Reggiano fine grated
Method of Preparation:
- Cut the eggplants approximately 0.40 inches thick.
- Pass them in flour and fry them lightly with sunflower seed oil.
Prepare the tomato sauce:
- Cut the onion.
- Add oil in the pan, cook until yellow gold.
- Add peeled tomatoes and simmer for 2 hours.
- Blend everything and add basil, salt and sugar.
- Cut the mozzarella and put in a strainer to pull out the water.
- In a baking casserole start layering the ingredients, first tomato sauce, then eggplant, then mozzarella, then parmesan cheese. Form 5 layers in total.
- Put the casserole in the oven at 400 F for 30 minutes.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes before serving.
8001 Biscayne Blvd.
Miami, FL 33138
Copyright 2022 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.