(WSVN) - If you like pork, a chef makes a dish that won’t wait. That’s what’s cooking, as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Wendy Cacciatori
The Restaurant: Via Emilia 9 on Miami Beach
The Dish: Cotoletta alla Bolognese
1/2 lemon juice
6 slices pork loin
1 cup bread crumbs
3 Tbs. butter
1 Tbs. grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1/4 cup flakes of Parmigiano Reggiano
6 slices prosciutto di Parma
1 cup vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
Method of Preparation:
– Put bread crumbs in a bowl and add salt, pepper and lemon juice.
– In another bowl, add eggs and whisk them. Add salt and pepper and lemon juice, then put the sliced pork into the egg mixture. Soak for two hours.
– When they’ve soaked, take them out and cover in the seasoned bread crumbs and fry in vegetable oil at 450 degrees for about three minutes.
– When it’s done, let it drain, season with salt and pepper, and top each with a slice of prosciutto di Parma.
– To make the sauce, put grated Parmegiano Reggiano cheese in a skillet and get it hot. Add vegetable broth and stir.
Plate the pork and prosciutto. Add more grated Parmegiano Reggiano on top, then add the sauce and flakes of Parmegaino Reggiano. Garnish with zucchini slices, tomato and fresh sliced mushrooms.
Serving Suggestion: Lambrusco red wine
Via Emilia 9
1120 15th St.
Miami Beach, FL 3313
Copyright 2023 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.