(WSVN) - A South Florida chef creates a tasty dish using cauliflower. It’s time to grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Hezi Bedein
The Restaurant: Street Hibachi, Aventura
The Dish: Cauliflower Tandoori
1 head Cauliflower – cut into florets
Jalapeño – sliced
Cilantro – chopped
Pomegranate Seeds (in season)
8oz chopped yellow onion
6 garlic cloves – minced
1 pound tomato crushed
1oz garam masala spice
10oz brown sugar
1oz red chili
12oz coconut milk
Pinch of salt
4oz mint leaves
4oz cilantro leaves
2 garlic cloves
3 ground cumin
1oz lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
12oz tofu cream
Method of Preparation:
- Cut into florets and fry until golden brown.
- Season with garam masala spice.
- Bring a deep pan or pot to medium-high heat, then add margarine/oil and chopped onions.
- Allow to cook until onions soften.
- Add garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Add tomatoes, spices and cashews and cook about two minutes before adding coconut milk.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a handheld immersion blender to puree the sauce to smooth the consistency. Or, wait for the sauce to cool, then blend in a traditional blender.
- Mix all in a blender.
- Toss florets with sauce, or spoon sauce on plate and top with cauliflower.
- Dress with radishes, jalapeños, chilies, cilantro and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve with mint chutney.
3599 NE 207th St.
Aventura, FL 33180
Copyright 2023 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.