(WSVN) - A cook inside a food truck has a cheesy way to dress up a hamburger. That’s what’s cooking tonight as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Fernando Gomez
The Restaurant: Root N’ Seeds Cantina, Miami
The Dish: Bleu Cheese Black Burger
1 lb. 90/10 ground beef
1 tbsp. maple bacon jam (pre-cooked bacon, tbsp maple syrup, tbsp brown sugar, olive oil and carmelized onions)
1 tbsp. blue cheese butter (blue cheese mixed with butter, salt and pepper)
Dijon mustard aioli
Method of Preparation for Maple Bacon jam:
- Crumble 3 strips of pre-cooked bacon.
- Add to pan with olive oil with brown sugar and maple syrup and cook until carmelized.
- Add carmelized onions (1/4 of white onion – cook until carmelized) and reduce until thick.
Method of Preparation:
- Shape ground beef into 7 oz. patties and season with salt.
- Cook on both sides until done.
- Spread dijon mustard aioli to toasted brioche bun.
- Add burger and top with blue cheese butter, maple bacon jam and top half of bun,
Serves: 1 each.
Root N’ Seeds Cantina
(Located at Proyecto Tulum)
270 NW 23rd St.
Miami, FL 33137
Copyright 2020 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.