(WSVN) - There’s nothing more delicious that some crispy fried potatoes — except maybe crispy fried potatoes with a little spice. That’s what’s cooking, as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Farid Lutfi
The Restaurant: Lira, Miami
The Dish: Batata Harra
250 grams baby potatoes (washed, boiled, cooled)
1/4 cup red pepper paste
1 tbsp chili flakes
3/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro (chiffonade)
1/2 tsp coriander powder
3/4 cup olive oil
1.5 tbsp garlic (minced)
1 tbsp salt
Method of Preparation:
- After the potatoes are cooled, smash them with your hand, then fry them until golden and crispy.
- Incorporate all other ingredients except cilantro and chili flakes.
- Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then add cilantro and chili flakes.
- Toss fried potatoes in sauce and serve.
Lira Beirut Eatery
2000 NW 2nd Ave.
Miami, FL 33127
Copyright 2023 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.