(WSVN) - Everyone loves desserts, especially during the holidays. We’re working out extra hard to be able to eat all that dessert. That’s what’s on the menu as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
2 packages large cinnamon rolls with icing
1/2 cup milk
1 tbs. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbs. butter
2 Granny Smith apples, diced
1 cup brown sugar, packed
Vanilla ice cream, as topping
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls dough into bite-sized pieces. Stack them and then make several cuts both ways. There should be about 9 pieces per roll. Set aside the icing.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, combine butter, apples and brown sugar. Cook until the sugar starts to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place the cinnamon roll pieces into a 9 x 9 baking dish. Pour the egg mixture on top, followed by the apples. Drizzle the reserved icing on top. (It’s easier if you melt the icing in the microwave.)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with ice cream on top.
Copyright 2021 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.