The Florida Lottery and WSVN want to celebrate a new way to play and give your family a chance to win a catered dinner for 10!
(See Rules & Regulations for full details.)
FLORIDA LOTTO now has bigger prizes, better odds, and more ways to win. With new, exciting upgrades, there’s never been a better time to play Florida’s favorite game.
The Florida Lottery. It’s your ticket. Claim it.
Must be 18 or older to play. Play responsibly.
WSVN – New Way to Play Sweepstakes
Please read these rules before entering the Sweepstakes. By entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and represents that Entrant satisfies all of the eligibility requirements set forth below.
1. ELIGIBILITY; HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASING A PRODUCT OR SERVICE WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. Participants and winner(s) must be legal residents of Florida who are at least 18-years old (each an “Entrant” or collectively the “Entrants”). The following persons are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes or be awarded the Grand Prize (as defined below): Employees, officers and directors of the Excluded Entities (as defined below), as well as their immediate family members (including their spouses, siblings, children, and parents, regardless of where they live or whether they are related by blood or law) or members of the same households (whether related by blood or law or not). The “Excluded Entities” shall mean: WSVN SUNBEAM TELEVISION (The “Sponsor”) and its parent and affiliated companies, agents, franchisees, licensees, successors and assigns, distributors, sponsors, vendors and suppliers; Sponsor’s advertising, marketing and promotions agencies; and the prize providers including PP&K, Florida Lottery, and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of this Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations of the United States apply.
Register by completing weekly Sweepstakes entry form found at https://wsvn.com/contest/new-way-to-play-contest/ (the “Entry Site”) during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below). Entries must include estimated rushing yards for NFL matchups airing each week on WSVN. Entries submitted via pseudonymous or fraudulent accounts are void. No mechanical reproductions or automated entries will be accepted. In the event of multiple entries, the first entry by an Entrant at the Entry Site will be accepted and all other entries from that Entrant will be deemed void. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry on the Entry Site by using multiple/different accounts and/or any other method employed to circumvent the letter and spirit of these Official Rules, may result in disqualification of that Entrant from participation in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries into the Sweepstakes.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Sweepstakes starts in 2020 and ends January 24, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes. WSVN will randomly select weekly Entrant(s) who projected correct NFL rushing yards of matchups on WSVN for Grand Prize entry. Each Monday- through January 25th, 2021—WSVN will begin random selection of weekly Entrant(s). On or about January 2, 2019 WSVN will randomly select one (1) potential grand prize winner. The potential winner will be notified by telephone on or about January 29th, 2021 (the “Notification”). Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. If an Entrant is selected as a potential winner and cannot be reached by telephone after reasonable time and effort, is found to be ineligible, or otherwise fails to comply with these Official Rules, that Entrant may be disqualified and an alternate winner shall be selected at random from the remaining entries until an eligible winner is selected and notified. The Winner will be required to complete and return the Required Documents (as defined below) and to fulfill all other conditions and requirements listed herein.
Two (2) grand prizes (the “Grand Prize”) will be awarded to the winner which will consist of the following:
o Catered Dinner for 10 family members
Winners are subject to eligibility verification. Grand Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise.
The Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize is $1,500.00. All amounts are in U.S Dollars. Actual retail value may vary. Winner will not receive difference between approximate and actual retail value. NO PRIZE SUBSTITUTION WHATSOEVER BY POTENTIAL WINNER. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of the Grand Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. The value of the Grand Prize is taxable in the United States as ordinary income to the Grand Prize winner who is solely responsible for the payment of all taxes levied, including, but not limited to federal, state, and local income and/or gift taxes. All unspecified costs and expenses associated with the acceptance or use of the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of winner. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS; RELEASE: Entrants agree the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants, including the Grand Prize Winner, agree (i) to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules; (ii) to release, indemnify and hold harmless WSVN, WSVN.com, Sunbeam Television, FOX 21st Century, National Football League, Super Bowl, PP&K, Florida Lottery, Miami International Airport, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates and the agents, members, employees, representatives, contractors, advertisers, shareholders, fulfillment agencies, members, insurers, servants, successors, dealers, distributors, consultants and legal advisors (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims of any kind including liability for personal injury or death resulting from the participation in this Sweepstakes or winner’s acceptance, use or misuse of a prize awarded pursuant to these Official Rules; Winner assumes the risk associated with the participation in the Sweepstakes and the use of the Grand Prize awarded, and (iii) that the decisions of Sponsor relating to this Sweepstakes and the Grand Prize shall be final and binding in all respects, including without limitation the interpretation of these Official Rules. The Released Entities are not responsible for (a) personal injury of any prize winner and/or guest(s) incurred in connection with the use of their prize; (b) electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction of this Sweepstakes; (c) technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions; and (d) limitations of any kind or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof (including, without limitation, any damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or participating in the Sweepstakes or downloading materials from any Entry Site).
Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, damaged, misdirected, or illegible entries or any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Released Parties that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted, corrupted, postponed or cancelled (including any human or other error in the drafting or printing of these Rules). Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that the Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to, by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrant, Sponsor, or any Released Parties. Entries that contain false information, are incomplete, inaccurate, forged, defective, or made in ways not authorized hereunder, including those which have failed due to malfunction or failure of phones, phone lines, telephone systems or networks, server, providers, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof of any kind, any human error or otherwise, shall be void. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of being executed in accordance with these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and/or limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken by Sponsor, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, the online entry will be assigned to the account holder of the Facebook account submitted at the time of entry.
Winners may be required to provide acceptable proof of identity, and to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to receiving their prize. Winners assume all applicable tax liability for their prize and may be required to submit a completed W9 form (available at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf) prior to receiving a prize. If there is any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention or any other causes beyond Sponsor, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes and select an alternative winner from entries received up to the time of such termination or suspension.
4. RULES & WINNERS LIST: To receive a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped (business size) envelope to WSVN 1401 79th Street Causeway Miami, FL 33141 to be received by Sponsor on or before January 3, 2019 at 5:00pm ET
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY form OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES; AND (C) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE damages MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY other DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR actual OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES. DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATES WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO ENTRANT. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
6. Choice of law & Dispute Resolution. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s or country’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Broward County, Florida in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Official Rules or relating to this Sweepstakes.
7. Sponsor: WSVN, 1401 79th Street Causeway Miami, FL 33141
LAST UPDATED: May 30, 2019
Information We Collect
When you communicate with us, engage with our Sites, or sign up for materials. We collect Personal Information, such as your email address or contact information and other information you may submit, when you communicate with us, sign up to receive our newsletter, publications, subscriptions, news, offers, promotional materials, or other information, or otherwise submit information through the Sites. We may also collect Personal Information when you engage with content on or interact with our Sites, such as when you view a video.
When you participate in surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or rewards or other programs. We may request or otherwise collect Personal Information, such as your name, email address, and other contact information, when you enroll or participate in surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or rewards or other programs. Participation in these programs is voluntary.
When you apply for a job with us. We may collect Personal Information from you when you apply for a job with us, such as if you submit your resume for consideration.
When we collect data from third parties or publicly-available sources. We may obtain certain data about you from third-party sources to help us provide and improve the Services and for marketing and advertising. We may combine your Personal Information with data we obtain from our Services, other users, or third parties to enhance your experience and improve the Services.
When we leverage and/or collect cookies, device IDs, location data, data from the environment, and other tracking technologies. We may collect certain Personal Information using cookies and other technologies, such as web beacons, device IDs, geolocation, HTML5 local storage, Flash cookies, and IP addresses. We specifically use browser cookies for different purposes, including cookies that are strictly necessary for functionality and cookies that are used for personalization, performance/analytics, and advertising. Our “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section contains more information and options to control or opt-out of certain data collection or uses.
Information Use and Disclosure
We may use the Personal Information we collect in order to offer, maintain, provide, improve, and administer the Sites and Services, including:
To communicate with you regarding the Services, features, and other offerings;
To register you for contests, promotions, and sweepstakes, and to notify contest winners and award prizes;
To send surveys in connection with our Services;
For marketing purposes, including to contact you about offers, products, promotions, subscriptions, developments or services which we think may be of interest to you, and for third parties’ marketing purposes in connection with our Services;
To develop, provide, and improve our Sites and Services, including to better tailor the features, performance and support of our Services, and for statistical and analytics purposes;
To assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity, and to protect and defend our rights and property, or the rights or safety of third parties;
To comply with laws, regulators, court orders, or other legal obligations, or pursuant to legal process.
Service Providers and Vendors. We may disclose Personal Information to distributors, service providers, marketing partners, payment processors, and vendors in order to maintain the Sites and provide, improve, and personalize the products and Services, including to fulfill a request for programs or services. We may also share Personal Information for other technical and processing functions, such as sending e-mails on our behalf, fulfilling orders, technical support, or otherwise operating the Sites, for analytics, and for marketing and advertising purposes.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A “cookie” is a small text file that a web server stores in browser software. A browser sends cookies to a server when the browser makes a connection to the server (for example, when requesting a web page from the same domain that created the cookie). The purpose of cookies is to remember the browser over time and distinguish one browser instance (or user) from all others. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to track Personal Information previously entered by a web user on our Site. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them, and how to remove them. Cookies can remember login information, preferences, and similar information.
Cookies, as well as other tracking technologies such as HTML5 local storage, and Local Shared Objects (such as “Flash” cookies), and similar mechanisms, may record information such as a unique identifier, information you enter in a form, IP address, and other categories of data.
We also use web beacons or “pixels,” and in certain circumstances may collect IP address, screen resolution and browser software and operating system types, clickstream patterns, dates and times that our site is accessed, and other categories of data.
If you want to block the use and saving of cookies from the Sites on to the computer’s hard drive, you should take the necessary steps within your web browser’s settings to block all cookies from the Sites and their external serving vendors. Please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, certain parts of our Sites may not function correctly. For information on how to disable cookies, refer to your browser’s documentation.
The opt-outs for interest-based advertising require that strictly necessary cookies are not blocked by the settings in your web browser. We support the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising of the Digital Advertising Alliance in the U.S., the Canadian Digital Advertising Alliance in Canada, and the European Digital Advertising Alliance in the EU. If you live in the United States, Canada, or the European Union, you can visit Ad Choices (US), Your Ad Choices (Canada), or Your Online Choices (EU) to find a convenient place to opt-out of interest-based advertising with participating entities for each region. These websites also provide detailed information about how interest-based advertising works. Opting out does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising from us, or when you use the Internet. It just means that the data collected from our website will not be used for interest-based advertising and that the advertising you see displayed on websites will not be customized to your interests.
Do-Not-Track is a public-private initiative that has developed a “flag” or signal that an Internet user may activate in the user’s browser software to notify websites that the user does not wish to be “tracked” by third-parties as defined by the initiative. The online community has not agreed on what actions, if any, should be taken by the websites that receive the “do not track” signal, and therefore Do-Not-Track is not yet standardized. Please note that the Sites do not alter their behavior or use practices when we receive a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Social Network Widgets
Our Sites may include social network sharing widgets that may provide information to their associated social networks or third parties about your interactions with our web pages that you visit, even if you do not click on or otherwise interact with the plug-in or widget. Information may be transmitted from your browser and may include an identifier assigned by the social network or third party, information about your browser type, operating system, device type, IP address, and the URL of the web page where widget appears. If you use social network tools or visit social networking sites, we encourage you to read their privacy disclosures, to learn what information they collect, use, and share.
De-Identified or Anonymized Data
Information from Children Under 13 Years of Age
Links to Other Sites
Opting-Out of Certain Communications
Processing in the United States
Please note that if you are visiting the Sites from outside of the United States, your information may be transferred to, stored, and/or processed in the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. If you are located outside of the United States, the transfer of Personal Information is necessary to provide you with the requested information, products, and services and/or to perform any requested transaction. By using any portion of the Sites, you acknowledge and consent to the transfer of your information to our facilities in the United States.
We implement technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information. However, please be advised that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of Personal Information.
Accessing or Updating Your Information
California Privacy Rights
Under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information (as defined by California law) the business shares with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To exercise your rights, you may make one request each year by emailing us at email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. Be sure to provide in the request sufficient information to properly identify you and/or the members of your family.