Do you live and breathe social media with a strong passion for breaking news? If so, you may be a great fit for South Florida’s #1 News Station! 7News is hiring an experienced Social Media Producer to manage all of the station’s social media accounts. The candidate will work closely with the Executive Producer of WSVN.com and all facets of the newsroom . You will not only assist in disseminating news but will be a role-model in the newsroom to help WSVN’s on-air reporters & anchors to promote best social media practices. This candidate will assist in writing breaking news stories on WSVN.com and continue to grow our social footprint in the South Florida market. This person must have an eye for viral content and seeks winning results.
- 2-3 years experience working in a TV newsroom
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related area
- Strong journalism skills & news judgement
- Work efficiently under pressure
- Experience writing & posting social media content for an established media outlet
- Identify emerging stories & finding viral content
- Curate user generated content for the newsroom
- Able to work flexible hours
- Able to drive results organically
- Familiar with analytics
- Deep knowledge of platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Periscope, and other emerging platforms
- Experience editing social-only videos is a plus (but not required)
- Minor Photoshop knowledge is also a plus
If you’re interested, please send your resume with the following job title: FT-09/30/16-BL-SC to email@example.com
*Please include a link to your social media profiles on your resume.*
Note: WE REQUIRE ALL APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT TO SUBMIT TO AND SUCCESSFULLY PASS A TEST FOR DRUGS.
Resumes without a JOB NUMBER will not be processed.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WSVN-TV (FOX) is owned and operated by Sunbeam Television Corporation which also owns WHDH-TV (NBC) and WLVI (CW) in Boston.