The Chef: Giovanni Rocchio
The Restaurant: Valentino in Ft. Lauderdale
The Dish: Spaghetti Carbonara
- 1 pound dry spaghetti
- 2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz. Guanciale (or bacon)
- 2 large eggs (duck or organic chicken)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbls of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese plus extra for serving
Method of Preparation:
- Boil water in a pot and put in a pinch of salt and a tsp. of olive oil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- In a sauce pan add extra virgin olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Add Guanciale and sauté until crispy. Then add two ounces of pasta water, salt and black pepper. Stir well.
- In a bowl, add eggs and Pecorino Romano cheese and mix well. Now, add the cooked spaghetti to the pan with the Guanciale, then add in the eggs and cheese mixture. Mix together on low heat until the pasta is well-coated with the sauce.
- Serve it up with more grated cheese, a sprinkle of parsley and fresh black pepper.
- Serving suggestion: Vermentino wine.
**Take a printed copy of this recipe to receive a complimentary glass of Prosecco with your meal. Offer extends until Sept. 8th.
620 S. Federal Highway,
Fort Lauderdale FL, 33301